WAIVER & AGREEMENTS
You agree to all of the following terms and conditions
once registered for a "FIRST LINE EVENT" Program.
WAIVER & RELEASE / ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK
This waiver releases, FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, AND TYLER KENNEDY from any legal responsibility that may occur from injury, during training sessions, games, and events.
1. Being of lawful age and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the On Ice Hockey Training, Games, and Events, the Participant releases and forever discharges the Activity Provider, the Activity Provider's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns from all manner of actions, causes of action, debts, accounts, bonds, contracts, claims and demands for or by reason of any injury to person or property, including injury resulting in the death of the Participant, which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of the Participant's participation in the activity described below, and not withstanding that such damage, loss or injury may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence of the Activity Provider.
2. The Releasor understands that the Releasor would not be permitted to participate in the activity described below unless the Releasor signed this Agreement.
3. The Participant will participate in the following activity: FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , will be providing on ice hockey training, games, and events for youth hockey players.
4. The Participant acknowledges that this Agreement is given with the express intention of effecting the extinguishment of certain obligations owed to the Participant and with the intention of binding the Participant's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns.
5. The Participant acknowledges that the Participant does not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent the Participant from participating in the above-mentioned activity. If required, the Participant will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
6. The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Participant has carefully read this Agreement, that the Participant fully understands the same, and that the Participant is freely and voluntarily executing the same.
7. The Participant understands that by signing this Agreement, the Participant agrees to be forever prevented from suing or otherwise claiming against the Activity Provider for any property loss or personal injury that the Participant may sustain while participating in or preparing for the above noted activity.
8. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties to this Agreement and the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not a mere recital.
9. This Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Once signed, this waiver will be valid indefinitely. I understand that my son or daughter will be participating in activities that involve serious risk of injury, including permanent disability and severe social and economic losses, which might result from their own actions, from the actions of others, from the rule of play, or from the condition of the competition area and/or the related facilities or equipment used in the activities in which I will be participating. I also understand that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. I assume all of the forgoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any resulting injury, permanent disability or social and economic losses. I hereby release, waive and discharge FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY and their respective employees and representatives (collectively the “released parties”) from, and agree not to sue any such released parties for, any claims demands, losses or damages which result on account of any injury, permanent disability or social or economic loss caused by, or alleged to have been caused by, in whole or part, any cause whatsoever, except for the sole negligence of any such released party.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the FIRST LINE EVENTS Program indicated below and/ or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below FIRST LINE EVENTS activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in FIRST LINE EVENTS and activities which could result in bodily injury
partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be
These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE FIRST LINE EVENTS, TYLER KENNEDY, CLIFF LOYA, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, HELPERS, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, OR THE ICE RINK facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the FIRST LINE EVENTS or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the FIRST LIVE EVENTS facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWIS
\I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
By Registering, you have read the above carefully and agree to everything stated.
I have read this Waiver and Release from Liability and understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it. I agree to this waiver voluntarily, intending to be legally bound.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY - COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY are following all preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY, cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY, could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY session may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, TYLER KENNEDY, FIRST LINE EVENTS employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection and/or
participation with my child(ren)’s attendance with FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY. On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, TYLER KENNEDY, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation with FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC , NATIONAL ELITE HOCKEY, TYLER KENNEDY TRAINING, CLIFF LOYA, and TYLER KENNEDY.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing to 412FirstLineEvents@gmail.com. Failure to attend a program without notifying FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, will result in no credit to a future program. Please allow 30 days for requests to be reviewed. Illness and injury are the only valid reasons for cancellation. This includes if a player gets ill or injured during a program. A credit for 50% of the unused portion will be issued. A doctor’s note is required to receive a credit. Credits will not be issued for any other reason. Credits will expire one year from the date they were issued.
FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC cannot provide refunds for cancellations due to unforeseen acts of God or man-made disaster, including facility damage/closing, complications or weather related rink/facility cancellations, acts of government, acts of war, epidemic/pandemic or any other public health emergency. These are highly unlikely to occur, but in the event it does, we will issue credit vouchers for the prorated amount of the remainder of the affected program.
If FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC cancels a program for any other reason not specified above, we will offer a refund.
FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC reserves the right to cancel or change the program, dates, times and locations.
FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC has zero tolerance policy with respect to uncontrollable behavior, bullying, hazing, alcohol, tobacco, drugs and controlled substances, weapons of any kind, or any kind of activity we deem to be illegal or not in conformance with the FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC standard. If a participant is expelled for any of the reasons above, no refund or credit will be offered.
I hereby grant FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC the right to use photographs, video images and/or other media of my child for publicity, advertising and/or other commercial purposes. I understand that this event and future FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, events may be photographed, videotaped or otherwise recorded. I agree to let FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, use my name, child’s name, photo likeness of myself and my child and demographic information free of charge in any manner and for any purpose in any media now known or here after created.
FIRST LINE EVENTS, LLC, will not sell any information or likeness to a third party.